News From the Malmesbury Concert Band
NEWS FROM THE MALMESBURY CONCERT BAND
Malmesbury Concert Band(MCB) is now rehearsing weekly for a busy series of engagements this year, after an active programme of performances during 2016.
In addition to Bandstand concerts, these included: their annual Musical Extravaganza at the Town Hall; the Remembrance Day service in Malmesbury Abbey; and, just before Christmas, carols in Brinkworth Church and at the Malmesbury Market Cross.
What’s On in 2017
- 14th May – Royal Victoria Park Bandstand, Bath – 2pm
- 21st May – Hot Air Balloon launch – Crosshayes, Malmesbury 3.30pm (alternate wet weather date: 4th June)
- 3rd June – Market Cross, Malmesbury – 10.30am
- 1st July – Oaksey Village Fete – 2.00pm
- 23rd July – Stratford Park Bandstand, Stroud – 2.30pm
- 17th September – John Coles Park Bandstand, Chippenham – 3.00pm
- 30th September – Market Cross, Malmesbury – 10.30am
- 28th October –Musical Extravaganza, Town Hall, Malmesbury – 7.30pm
- 12th November – Remembrance Service, Malmesbury Abbey – 2pm
- 15th December – Carols – Brinkworth Church – 6.30pm
- 16th December – Carols – Market Cross, Malmesbury – 11.00am
MCB is a concert wind band with approximately 35 woodwind and brass playing members. Subject to vacancies, it’s always happy to welcome new members. The Band is always pleased to receive requests to play at events in the local area.
For more information about the Band, please access its web site:www.freewebs.com/malmesbury